We will be hosting a Friday Night Futsal Program over the next four Fridays (starting October 9th) at the Fieldhouse! The purpose of this program is to simply get as many touches on the ball as possible throughout the week, and to give our travel players another opportunity to develop their personal technical skill. Each Friday there will be a technical warmup, a short activity, and then rotating games. The program is for Travel Soccer Players only. This will be a FUN program that we hope to grow, and we would love for you to join us!
Benefits to the game of Futsal:
- Futsal is its own sport but shares many similarities to Soccer. Futsal is a 5v5 game played on either an indoor or outdoor hard surface court. The ball is weighted to decrease bounces and encourage players to keep the ball on the ground. Futsal courts do not have walls, as an indoor soccer field might have.
- Futsal helps players develop quicker critical thinking skills by placing them in tight areas and demanding they are always engaged in the play in all phases. The limited space limits the amount of time the players have on the ball and time to make decisions.
- Improving “Creativity” in tight spaces.
- Repetition of technique due to the small field size.
- No walls mean players are required to be in control of their dribbling, passing, and receiving as well as make quick decisions on and off the ball.
- Provide additional training months at a high level of competition.
Dates: October 9, 16, 23, 30
- 2007-2009 Boys & Girls: 6PM – 7PM
- 2006-2003 Boys & Girls: 7PM – 8PM
- Cost: $125
- Location: CYA Field House, 14810 Murdock St, Chantilly VA 20151